Hi,

I'm one of the lead developers of flashrom, a GPLv2 application to
read/write/erase flash chips on mainboards, network/storage/graphics
cards and external programmers. Some people use flashrom to update their
BIOS/EFI or to add netbooting functionality to their network cards, or
to recover misflashed mainboards. Having to boot DOS/Windows to perform
those tasks is something many people would like to avoid, and being able
to work with flash chips from your favourite OS is definitely easier
than navigating in unknown waters.
If you want to learn more about flashrom, please visit
http://www.flashrom.org/

flashrom works on
Linux/FreeBSD/NetBSD/DragonFlyBSD/OpenSolaris/MacOSX/DOS, and OpenBSD is
the last remaining major UNIX-like OS which wasn't supported until now.

I have two patches which get flashrom to compile on OpenBSD on i386, and
they should work on amd64 as well. Those patches will be merged into the
official flashrom source tree once I know that they work. The big
obstacle for me is that I don't own any OpenBSD machine, and all I have
is shell access to a public OpenBSD i386 shell server. flashrom is
pretty small, you can compile it in ~5 seconds on a reasonably fast
machine, so compile testing shouldn't need too much time.

How do I proceed? Ask for testers? Send the patches (or links to the
patch downloads) to this list?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel

--