On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 17:30:09 -0400
Ian Darwin <i...@darwinsys.com> wrote:

> > built on pkgsrc/WIP port. Hmm, do we distribute binary jars?
> >
> Sure. Look at devel/ant

OK.

> > How to create a wrapper to easier run jars?
> See above. Use javaPathHelper.
> > Transforms docbook file to xhtml fine.

As you could in my the Makefile, I was trying to create a script
wrapper not to run directly:

        java -jar saxon.jar options

but:

        saxon-java options

If that would be OK, how to do that?

> See the existing port docbook-xsl-1.68.1p2 which includes e.g.,
> share/xsl/docbook/extensions/saxon653.jar
> and looks to be the same "saxon".

These are only docbook extensions for saxon, not the saxon itself. You
still need saxon, don't you?

> Also, the port need not have -java in its name, unless it's to
> contrast it from a like-named package
> from the same project written in a different language.

Saxon has also a version for .NET.

Anyway this version of Saxon is too new, upstream docbooks xsl has
extension for saxon 6.5.3 (our docbook-xsl has 6.5.3). So I will drop
this saxon version and create a port for 6.5.5 version and I'll try to
update docbook-xsl port as well.

jirib