> Anyway this version of Saxon is too new, upstream docbooks xsl has
> extension for saxon 6.5.3 (our docbook-xsl has 6.5.3). So I will drop
> this saxon version and create a port for 6.5.5 version and I'll try to
> update docbook-xsl port as well.

Saxon 6.5.5 version... Transforms docbook xml to xhtml fine.

jirib

$ export
CLASSPATH=/usr/local/saxon/lib/saxon.jar:/usr/local/share/xsl/docbook/extensions/saxon653.jar
$ java  com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet -t SAXON 6.5.5 from Michael Kay
Java version 1.7.0-internal
No source file name
SAXON 6.5.5 from Michael Kay
Usage:  java com.icl.saxon.StyleSheet [options] source-doc style-doc
{param=value}... Options:
  -a              Use xml-stylesheet PI, not style-doc argument
  -ds             Use standard tree data structure
  -dt             Use tinytree data structure (default)
  -o filename     Send output to named file or directory
  -m classname    Use specified Emitter class for xsl:message output
  -r classname    Use specified URIResolver class
  -t              Display version and timing information
  -T              Set standard TraceListener
  -TL classname   Set a specific TraceListener
  -u              Names are URLs not filenames
  -w0             Recover silently from recoverable errors
  -w1             Report recoverable errors and continue (default)
  -w2             Treat recoverable errors as fatal
  -x classname    Use specified SAX parser for source file
  -y classname    Use specified SAX parser for stylesheet
  -?              Display this message