On Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 01:28:16PM +0200, David Coppa wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Jacob Meuser <jake...@sdf.lonestar.org>
> wrote:
> > what about pioanobar, shell-fm or mpg321? ?they all use libao, like mpd.
>
> Same behavior. Indeed, it seems a libao problem.

libao is pretty simple, especially once you start playing.  it's hard to
see how something could be wrong there ...

are you using aucat during these tests?  if so, have you tried running
aucat -dddd?  if not, can you send the output of audioctl?

fwiw, I ran 12 instances of 'openssl speed', did a 'cvs up' in ports,
compiled a kernel, and had 4 tabs working in firefox, and didn't get
any skipping with mpg321 over aucat.  without aucat it skipped a few
times, but it was not "bad" skipping.

--
jake...@sdf.lonestar.org