On 2010/11/08 13:56, Gonzalo L. R. wrote:
> Hi porters,
>
> I make a port of Tucan Manager is a free file sharing application
> designed for 1-Click Hosters. Fast and lightweight, Tucan is fully
> open-source and compatible with Windows, GNU/Linux, and MacOSX, and now
> in OpenBSD ;)

quite a bit left to do on this one;

needs to use the python module

: +all:
: +       make install

this is unused because you override do-build (and that's good because
you don't install in the "build" phase). (for reference, if you do need
to use a different build target/s, just set ALL_TARGET=whatever in the port
Makefile, similar option available for installation).

pkg/DESCR could be improved, I don't have a clue what this program does
from the description in this file (maybe a few lines could be borrowed
from README)

from PLIST:

: share/tucan/
: share/tucan/core/
: share/tucan/core/__init__.py
: share/tucan/core/accounts.py
: share/tucan/core/config.py
: share/tucan/core/cons.py
<snip>

python libraries should get installed under lib/python2.x/... and
bytecode-compiled; usually the simplest way is to provide a setup.py
in FILESDIR and use that, there are various examples e.g. www/ntlmaps
('locate files/setup.py' will find more examples).

the #! line isn't fixed up in the script, again setup.py would
usually take care of this

missing update-desktop-database PLIST goo / desktop-file-utils RUN_DEPENDS

looks like maybe a missing gettext dep, also language files are
installed in a strange directory

from patch-Makefile:

: -DESTDIR                =       /usr/local
: -BINDIR         =       $(DESTDIR)/bin/
: -MAINDIR                =       $(DESTDIR)/share/tucan/
: -ICONDIR                =       $(DESTDIR)/share/pixmaps/
: -MANDIR         =       $(DESTDIR)/share/man/man1/
: -DESKTOPDIR     =       $(DESTDIR)/share/applications/
: +INSDIR         =       !!INSDIR!!
: +BINDIR         =       $(INSDIR)/bin/
: +MAINDIR                =       $(INSDIR)/share/tucan/
: +ICONDIR                =       $(INSDIR)/share/pixmaps/
: +MANDIR         =       $(INSDIR)/man/man1/
: +DESKTOPDIR     =       $(INSDIR)/share/applications/

you can just pass these in via FAKE_FLAGS which is cleaner
than a patch & SUBST_CMD dance, e.g.

FAKE_FLAGS = \
        BINDIR=${WRKINST}/${PREFIX}/bin/ \
        MAINDIR=${WRKINST}/${PREFIX}/share/tucan/ \
        ICONDIR=${WRKINST}/${PREFIX}/share/pixmaps/ \
        MANDIR=${WRKINST}/${PREFIX}/man/man1/ \
        DESKTOPDIR=${WRKINST}/${PREFIX}/share/applications/

however again I think setup.py is the cleaner way to handle
this.