On 11/13/10 01:35, Jeremy Evans wrote:
On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 2:05 AM, Nigel Taylor
<njtay...@asterisk.demon.co.uk>  wrote:
I have seen this, during the make the files are created outside of the build
directory. When installing you get the collision. I have seen this with a number
of the ruby packages. www/ruby-rack another example

# make
Installing gem rack-1.0.0
Using local gem /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/cache/rack-1.0.0.gem

is the likely problem the make has installed the gem file, outside the ports
directory. Either this steps need removing in the make or changed to be under
the WRKDIR. Using sudo/systrace will stop this.
This sounds like a bug in ruby-gems.  ruby.port.mk is using gem
install --user-install with HOME set to ${WRKDIR}/gem-tmp, so it
should not be adding any files outside of ${WRKDIR}/gem-tmp/.gem.

Previously, ruby.port.mk used --install-dir and installed gems as
root. If this problem is a recent occurrence (since the switch from
--install-dir to --user-install in revision 1.29), it's likely that
the bug is in --user-install.

I'm actually at RubyConf this weekend. I'll see if I can track down
the ruby-gems maintainer and talk to him about it.

Jeremy
Thanks, Jeremy.  At least when the build is done, I can clean
things and then build them.

--STeve Andre'