Hello,

Please, do not take me wrong, I am not demanding anything and I am humbly thankful for the work people are doing for free.

I am just wondering if there is any reason GHC is not upgraded in the ports tree. The current stable version of GHC is 7.0.3 while the one in ports is 6.12.3.

Normally I would not care much to bother about a port lagging behind in version but in this case an upgrade will give to developers the whole Haskell 2010 language. 6.12.3 is just supporting Haskell 98. Additionally programs like xmonad (also in ports) will benefit as 7.0.3 will give back to OS memory not needed anymore and having more performance. Those are also good thing.

Regards,
 Lasse