>> Being rude and hostile against people will not get you any diffs.
>> Calling people morons and whiners in commit messages will not get you any
>> diffs.
>> The diffs I had for a couple of ports have now been deleted.
>> Have a nice day!
>
> It comes with the turf here. You shouldn't be sensitive, they mean
> nothing personally. There's only so much time and so many developers.
> They obviously code for firefox on current because that's what they
> use. Many don't find the time to produce good diffs which is what will
> bring the most respect.
>
> If your benefiting from OpenBSD's great security from developer time
> spent for free, why not take it on the chin, understand why you got
> that response and get involved.
>
> p.s. Everyone using firefox or ssh on any system is benefiting from
> OpenBSD's great security. Read the security papers.

Yeah I concur. I have been a undeadly reader for years, since 2005
timeframe. I decided to join and contribute recently in whatever way I
can. I have been yelled at and ridiculed but its okay, I understand.
Check the lists if you don't believe me.

You shouldn't take it personally. Its difficult to find time to devote
to any open source project, why waste it in politics?

This particular discussion went off-track when you persisted in
pursuing the stable ports idea when multiple people gave you an idea
why they are not doing it. Manpower is an issue and a serious one to
overcome. Join in and contribute. Perhaps when OpenBSD has a lot of
guys they will bring back the idea of stable ports.

I have found that some guys are helpful when I asked newbie questions.
So it depends on your questions and their available time and mood.