On 2011-05-23, Chris Bennett <ch...@bennettconstruction.biz> wrote:
> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:36:05AM -0500, Chris Bennett wrote:
>> I am trying to update to the latest version 0.86.
>>
>> When making, I get this warning:
>> Warning: prerequisite Locale::Maketext 1.17 not found. We have 1.14.
>>
>> This is version in base perl.
>> make regress passes.
>>
>> Should this warning be ignored?
>> Or should  version in base be updated?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris Bennett
>>

> Well, obviously I should just do a slightly earlier version that works with
> base perl.

Or see if the newer version works anyway, maybe look at what changed
in Locale::Maketext to see whether it's important or whether they just
listed whatever was current when they rolled the release because they
didn't want to test against older ones.

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/ports/specialtopics.html#Mandoc