On 28/06/2011 5:28 AM, Stuart Henderson wrote:
On 2011-06-27, Bernd Schoeller<be...@fams.de>  wrote:
Dear Stuart,

Thanks for the answer. I had tried to avoid x11vnc, as its setup looks
somewhat more complicated for a headless machine - and it did not seem
to be the right solution.

But I will give it a shot.
Yes, unfortunately it is more complicated, but it's the only really-working
option in the ports tree. TigerVNC would be more convenient but it needs
to be combined with the Xorg source tree to get it building.

TightVNC has been broken on AMD64 for oh so long....insert release number here, probably busted on all 64bit architectures. Last time I tried it, it did run on i386, but that was last time I tested it, according to CVS history approx 20 months ago.

Ian McWilliam