> I've been using an updated misc/rpm port via my local /usr/ports/mystuff tree
> from OpenBSD 4.8 to now.  I was using rpm-4.7.2, but recently upgraded it to
> 4.9.0.  I would like the main ports tree to carry this release as the 3.0.6
> version is pretty old at this point.
>
> A lot of users may be asking "but, why?" which is understandable.  I use
> OpenBSD on my personal systems but do development work for both Fedora Linux
> and Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  By having the most recent stable releases of
> the Linux build tools, I can do development work from my OpenBSD systems.
> Also, a recent version of rpm allows one to crack open newer binary and source
> RPMs if you are so inclined.
>
> Given that I rely on misc/rpm for my day to day work, I'll offer to maintain
> the port as well.  Here's my updated misc/rpm port:
>
>     http://www.burdell.org/openbsd/rpm.tar.gz
>
> Right now I just have it create a single 'rpm' package.  Comments welcome.
>
> As for the patches, many are build related things to move the GNU autoconf
> scripts along.  For the gettext and libiconv stuff, I just took a "skip to the
> end" approach as I know what LDFLAGS I want it to use. Some of the source
> files needed some extra includes.  I'm submitting these upstream so future rpm
> releases will build on OpenBSD cleanly.

David,

This is not a clean diff against the exisitng port. You forgot the
initial #$OpenBSD $ marker which is used by cvs for tracking, in Makefile
and distinfo.

Please do it for the other files too if needed and send it as inline
diff (I think cvs diff -Nup) and as a attachment. It is difficult to
merge your changes by hand.

Thanks