On 03/07/11 1:52 PM, Jan Stary wrote:
Why? Sox 14.3.2 comes with GPLv2, the sox libraries come with LGPLv2.1.

Then the SoX license marker in the port should also be updated to add the missing LGPL license too.

Now it contains new functionality of the opencore-amr that comes with
Apache License 2.0; why does it make GPLv3 the right thing for
the SoX port?

Because you cannot add opencore-amr to the SoX port if its under
GPLv2. The licenses are incompatible.

Yes; but how does GPLv3 make it compatible?

GPLv2 and GPLv3 are different licenses.

opencore-amr itself is under Apache License 2.0.
Why does it mean that a package of SoX that uses
opencore-amr should be under GPLv3?

Because they're INCOMPATIBLE. You cannot link AL 2.0 licensed
code to a GPLv2 licensed project.

Does GPLv3 somehow incorporate the Apache License?  I don't
mean I am against it; I just want to understand.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/GPL-compatibility.html

believed to be clean.