On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 04:25:10PM -0500, Amit Kulkarni wrote:
> >> I was planning on working on the newest pgsql-jdbc (which is a dev
> >> version) since it works with jdk1.7.
> >
> > Doesn't postgresql-jdbc 9.0 Build 801 work with jdk1.7? I'm not a big
> > fan of updating the port to a version that's still under development.
> >

> >From http://jdbc.postgresql.org/changes.html#version_9.1dev-900
>
> -- Support building with the 1.7 JDK. (jurka)

build != work. if an oficcially released version needs some older
jdk to build but still works with jdk7, this would be the way to
go (for now). If it doesn't work (at runtime) with jdk7 when built
with an older jdk, jdk7 is busted.

I'll give a (non-dev) versio of postgresql-jdbc built with jdk1.5
a try on a jdk7 in a few days. If time permits (no promise)

Ciao,
        Kili