On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 02:20:29AM -0500, Brad wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 01:13:02AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > On 2011-12-07, Brad <b...@comstyle.com> wrote:
> > > -@bin bin/qemu
> >
> > I'd prefer to keep this working via a courtesy symlink pointing at
> > either qemu-system-i386 or qemu-system-x86_64. Otherwise there needs to
> > be some clear information. Without one or other of these, people are
> > going to wonder what's going on, tab-complete, see qemu-i386, try and
> > run it, receive a segfault, then think, as well as forcing them to
> > make changes to their scripts, that the update has totally broken qemu.
>
> I'm not adding a symlink as there will be another binary of the same
> name there in the future.

When? In qemu 2.0? Or earlier in some 1.x release?
Why does a future qemu release really matter for a functional port of 1.0?

> Users should be conditioned to use qemu-system-i386 properly.

> Updated diff adding MESSAGE to mention the change. Maybe also mention
> the change in the upgrade/current FAQ?

I don't mind following the upstream binary renaming dance if necessary.

But I don't think we should install the new qemu-i386 if all it does
is segfaulting and cause confusion. What do we gain by installing it?