On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 11:35:57AM +0100, Mike Belopuhov wrote:
> On 6 December 2012 07:44, Brad Smith <b...@comstyle.com> wrote:

> >> next time around if they will fix gtk3.

> >> gtk3 apps don't work well in fvwm2.  menus get detached and
> >> start floating around.  i've just tested you diff and it makes
> >> deadbeef unusable.
> >
> > To make sure we're on the same page you mean by simply clicking
> > on the menus at the top where it says File / Edit / View / Playback / Help
> > and they "detach"?
> >

> yup. and besides gtk3 looks like crap. so would you be so kind
> to stop wasting my time with this and use gtk2 for deadbeef for
> the time being.

Chill out. Most maintained apps are going for gtk3 anyway, so you'll
have to get used to it, and eventually help fix bugs with window
managers from the nineties. And it 'looks like crap' because the default
gtk3 theme is crap, like it used to be when ppl switched from gtk1 to
gtk2.

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME#GTK3_theme_via_settings.ini
for how to properly set a gtk3 theme outside of fullblown desktop
environments. If you use a theme provided by gtk-xfce-engine, some of
them use the same rendering for gtk2 and gtk3 apps. gtk-equinox-engine
does it too.

Landry