On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 09:49:57PM -0400, James Turner wrote:
> Attached is a new port for opam an OCaml source-based package manager.
> Tested on amd64 and loongson. On amd64 the binaries produced are native
> code while on loongson they are OCaml bytecode; so WANTLIB and PLIST
> vary slightly for these type of platforms. However having the extra
> WANTLIBs (c & m) and the @bin markers doesn't seem to be a problem on
> the bytecode using platforms. Is this alright or should special checks
> be put in place?
>
> I would appreciate if OCaml people give this a go. I did limited testing
> using opam init and opam installing some packages.
>
> oks?
>
> Information for inst:opam-1.0.0
>
> Comment: OCaml source-based package manager

> supports multiple simultaneous compiler installations, flexible package
> constraints, and a Git-friendly development workflow.

> WWW: http://opam.ocamlpro.com/

jca@ noticed some issues with opam's build system, ocp-build, when
building this port with SYSTRACE=Yes. The build system would download a
few libraries at build time and basically statically compile them into
the opam binary. jca@ discovered another distfile we can use that
already contains these files. I've updated the port and it's attached
here.

The other option would be to import the additional libraries as separate
ports and rely on an alternate build target to build opam which would
utilize the system libraries.

Preferences, thoughts?

--
James Turner