I agree that it is best to keep it until it is not working anymore. If somebody voluntarily forks it and keeps it working it is really nice.

Smtube & get_flash_videos do not fill the gap of Minitube as they will not give a continuous sortable playlist. From that list you can delete unwanted items. You can also sort it according to upload date among other. This with a continuous playlist is a great feature when you have kids and you need to keep them distracted for a while. It is also nice if you want to listen to some music.