Hi,

I updated my port on openbsd-wip with most of the changes from both of
you. Testing on sparc64 would be fine though. That's what keeps most of
my OCaml ports from being committed since I don't have access to a
sparc64 machine anymore. Apart from this missing test runs I'm ok.

On Sat, 06 Jul 2013 21:27:26 +0200
j...@wxcvbn.org (Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas) wrote:

> Edd Barrett <vex...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > OK?
>
> More work is needed IMO.
>
> > # $OpenBSD: Makefile.template,v 1.66 2013/06/04 22:58:11 sthen Exp $
> >
> > COMMENT =           enhanced OCaml toplevel
>
> You might even add "colourful" here.  My eyes almost hurt. 8)
>
> > DISTNAME =          utop-1.5
>
> For tarballs hosted on forge.ocamlcore.org, it is common to add
> a warning saying that modifying the MASTER_SITES url is needed for
> updates.

No, leave it away please. I once had the habit of adding those
comments, but stopped using them and remove them whenever I update such
a packet.

> > CATEGORIES =                devel
> > HOMEPAGE =          https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/utop/
> > MAINTAINER =                Edd Barrett <e...@openbsd.org>
> >
> > # 3-clause BSD
> > PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =      Yes
> >
> > MASTER_SITES =
> > https://forge.ocamlcore.org/frs/download.php/1169/
> >
> > CONFIGURE_STYLE =   oasis
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS +=   --enable-tests
>
> I don't think there actually are tests shipped here.

But when they start shipping tests we are ready :)

> > MODULES =           lang/ocaml
> > BUILD_DEPENDS =             devel/ocaml-lambda-term \
> >                     sysutils/findlib
> > RUN_DEPENDS =               ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
>
> RUN_DEPENDS = ${BUILD_DEPENDS} is never right, see make
> show=RUN_DEPENDS.

Are you sure? I often use this contruct. Never had any problems with it.

> BUID_DEPENDS and RUN_DEPENDS should be devel/ocaml-lambda-term,
> sysutils/findlib is brought in BUILD_DEPENDS by CONFIGURE_STYLE =
> "oasis", that is enough I think.

done.

> > USE_GMAKE =         Yes
>
> Unneeded for that CONFIGURE_STYLE.

done.

> > # silence a warning
>
> I'd prefer:
>
> # already shipped by the OCaml package
> > pre-build:
> >     rm ${WRKBUILD}/src/lib/errors.mli
> >
> > .include <bsd.port.mk>
>
> PLIST should be split so that make package works on all supported
> archs. There are four archs categories for OCaml: no support,
> bytecode only, native code, native code plus dynamic linking
> capability. See for example devel/ounit/pkg/P* for details.

done.