Hi Chris, Jeremie,

Thanks for the input thus far.

On Sun, Jul 07, 2013 at 06:57:28PM +0200, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> I updated my port on openbsd-wip with most of the changes from both of
> you. Testing on sparc64 would be fine though. That's what keeps most of
> my OCaml ports from being committed since I don't have access to a
> sparc64 machine anymore. Apart from this missing test runs I'm ok.

Ah, I didn't see you had a port in openbsd-wip. I'm not sure lang/ is the
right place for utop. Utop is merely a toplevel and not a programming
language. Look at similar python tools, bpython and ipython; they reside
in devel/. How about devel/ for utop?

If you agree, feel free to remove my existing devel/utop in openbsd-wip.

> > I don't think there actually are tests shipped here.
>
> But when they start shipping tests we are ready :)

The fact that the README.md mentioned tests was enough for me to enable
them. Best to be ready for tests to appear. After all, the current
behaviour is harmless.

> > > MODULES =         lang/ocaml
> > > BUILD_DEPENDS =           devel/ocaml-lambda-term \
> > >                   sysutils/findlib
> > > RUN_DEPENDS =             ${BUILD_DEPENDS}
> >
> > RUN_DEPENDS = ${BUILD_DEPENDS} is never right, see make
> > show=RUN_DEPENDS.
>
> Are you sure? I often use this contruct. Never had any problems with it.
>
> > BUID_DEPENDS and RUN_DEPENDS should be devel/ocaml-lambda-term,
> > sysutils/findlib is brought in BUILD_DEPENDS by CONFIGURE_STYLE =
> > "oasis", that is enough I think.

FWIW, utop *does* require findlib at runtime. If findlib is not
installed:

---8<---
$ utop
Fatal error: exception Failure("Config file not found - neither
/etc/findlib.conf nor the directory /etc/findlib.conf.d")
---8<---

> > > USE_GMAKE =               Yes
> >
> > Unneeded for that CONFIGURE_STYLE.
>
> done.
> >
> > PLIST should be split so that make package works on all supported
> > archs. There are four archs categories for OCaml: no support,
> > bytecode only, native code, native code plus dynamic linking
> > capability. See for example devel/ounit/pkg/P* for details.
>
> done.

Thanks for these.

I don't have immediate access to a non-native arch right now.

--
Best Regards
Edd Barrett

http://www.theunixzoo.co.uk