On 05/26/13 06:25, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> 2013/5/25 Stuart Cassoff <s...@bell.net>
>
>> On 05/06/13 15:10, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
>>> This patch cleans up path adjustments in Tcl/Tk ports. List of changes:
>>
>> Thanks for taking time to work on this.
>>

>>>   * MODTCL_WISH_ADJ is renamed to MODTK_WISH_ADJ and moved to a more
>>>     appropriate place - tk.port.mk;
>>
>> This has come up before.
>> I like them in tcl.port.mk; it's handy to have all the tools in one
>> toolbox.
>>

> Personally I don't care that much, I'll move that back, no problem.
>

>>  >   * MODTCL_TCLSH_ADJ now touches only tclsh* strings, and
>>>     MODTCL_WISH_ADJ now touches only wish* strings;
>>
>> No. These should set the *sh to what the porter wants.
>>

> I didn't find any sample of such usage in ports infrastructure​, but I
> trust you that Tcl/Tk is a special case and needs such behavior. But IMHO,
> this deserves an additional comment in tcl.port.mk then, to avoid raising
> this question again.

Sometimes, usually in example/demo files, a script has a wish shebang where
it only needs tclsh or needs Tk but has a tclsh shebang and doesn't [package
require Tk].
In cases like these where the shebang is wrong it's useful to be able to force
tclsh or wish. Saves patching. Guarantees that when you MODTCL_TCLSH_ADJ or
MODTCL_WISH_ADJ you always get your wish (or tclsh).

Stu