On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 12:13:25AM +0400, Mike Korbakov wrote:
> 04.08.2013, 21:31, "Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado" <i...@juanfra.info>:

> >>  I think, running on vmware isn't interesting, but on real laptop is:
> >>  # dmesg
> >>  OpenBSD 5.4 (GENERIC.MP) #2: Fri Aug  2 02:11:40 MSK 2013
> >>      r...@mike-nb2.my.domain:/usr/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/GENERIC.MP
> >
> > [...]
> >
> >>  Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.

> >>  Yes I can't scroll-back 100000 lines, but if they will be 100500 because
> >>  of printed readmes I would not be upset.
> >>  Certainly, readme files must be stored in the system and should be given
> >>  a link to them.
> >>  But:
> >>  # pkg_add gnome
> >>  gnome-3.8.3p0: ok
> >>  Look in /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes for extra documentation.
> >>  sounds like: "read mans, mailing lists, google-it",
> >>  not even written which file or files to be read, and how many.
> >
> > All of them.
> >
> >>  Folder /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/ contains tens files
> >>  some packages installed by yourself, some were installed automatically,
> >>  the origin of some is unknown to you.
> >
> > The origin isn't unknown, the readme files use the name of the package.
>
> I'm about packages, not file names.

Me too. Read the mail from Antoine. The readme files are named with this
pattern: ${PREFIX}/share/doc/pkg-readmes/${FULLPKGNAME}. FULLPKGNAME is
the name of the package + the flavor.

i.e. avahi-0.6.31p10 is installed by the package avahi-0.6.31p10,
glib2-2.36.3 by the package glib2-2.36.3 and so on.

> >> All this took place at different times and you don't remember what
> >> instructions you have followed and which are not...  For example, I do
> >> not know from where came postgresql-server, who needs it, and should I
> >
> > pkg_info -R postgresql-server.
> gives nothing:
> # pkg_info -R postgresql-server

So it's a BUILD_DEPENDS of the package but isn't necessary at runtime.
Run "pkg_delete -a".

You should use only packages. If you really want to use the ports, read
man packages, man ports, man pkg_info, man pkg_add, man pkg_delete and
man bsd.port.mk.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info