On 2013/08/14 16:14, Vadim Zhukov wrote:
> After reading more off-side, I tend to agree with that we could just
> have PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP=Yes but PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM=No.
>
> I'm not entirely sure if the "nonfree" FLAVOR should be dropped entirely,
> but I do not feel myself confident enough to judge on this. :)

It's a huge extra chunk of build time to build opencv twice, and there's
a risk of things getting in a mess if one version is installed when the
other is built (maybe it's fine now, but it's another thing that needs
testing for at each update.)

If a flavour is not linked to the build, it will very likely get broken
somewhere down the line.

If somebody particularly needs a version without the patented code then
they could help test/maintain that, but until that need is demonstrated,
I think there should just be a single version.

> I'll send new patch today then, without "nonfree" FLAVOR.

Thanks.