On 2014/09/06 18:52, Christopher Zimmermann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> here is an upgrade for vim 7.4.430 with the following changes:
> googlecode.com now supports downloads of tarballs, so no hg checkout is
> needed anymore.

If you are sure that the generated tarballs are stable, that is ok

> I disable the -lang subpackage on the no_x11 flavor, so that it can
> include the the documentation for the gui version, too. It still can bu
> installed with the no_x11 packages and it can fully build with the
> athena flavor, which has no more build dependencies than the no_x11
> flavor.

MULTI_PACKAGES should contain the full set, if you disable some of them
it should be done with BUILD_PACKAGES. IIRC this needs to be set after
including bsd.port.arch.mk but check against another port that does
this.

> Also I moved the openbsd specific files to share/vim/vimfiles and added
> automatic tags building for documentation in vimfiles. This will help
> ports like devel/vim-taglist.
> Am I using the @exec-always / @unexec-delete correctly here? OKs,
> comments?

Should use the full path to vim, though I am *not* a fan of running
anything with heavy-ish dependencies like gtk/glib from @exec commands
unless absolutely necessary, they often break during updates when there
are ABI changes.

So...

Is this something that could be handled by those users wanting
to use tags running this command themselves?

How safe/reliable is this command? Is this something that is really OK
to run automatically as root during pkg_add? (personally, I run vim as
my own userid, I don't run it as root).

Is this something any other OS are doing? The ones I looked at
(Debian, FreeBSD) don't seem to do this automatically. Not that
this inherently makes it bad, but if it's something nobody else
is doing there may be a reason for that.

> +@man man/man1/ex.1
> +@man man/man1/rview.1
> +@man man/man1/rvim.1
> +@man man/man1/view.1

I skipped installing ex/view manpages for a reason, they conflict with
OS manpages and since they are just links to the main vim manpage there
is no real advantage to having them.