Hi Stuart,

On 16.10.2014 18:24, Stuart Henderson wrote:

Ports/packages are only geared up towards supporting a single version
of PHP.

Ok, that's what I figured out so far.

Roundcube should probably be OK with 5.5, and you can install both
versions of PHP in parallel (except for php-fpm; but that won't be a
forced dependency so you can just pick whichever version you want
for that).

Problem is with PHP extension modules outside of the main php release,
as these are compiled for the "default" PHP version in port (5.4 at
present). So e.g. you won't be able to use things like pecl-memcache,
xcache, etc from packages with php-5.5 until the default version is
flipped over. (If you want to try it yourself building things from
ports you can change MODPHP_VERSION in php.port.mk and rebuild
everything depending on it).

I already found MODPHP_VERSION and experimented with it but ran into some issues with other php-modules. That's when I decided to leave that to the smart guys here. I didn't finish the roundcube stuff yet but have another php-project running right now (miniflux.net).

Thank you for the confirmation

regards
Lars