On 2014/10/21 17:03, Landry Breuil wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 02:58:52PM +0000, Christian Weisgerber wrote:
> > On 2014-10-19, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > > (Actually, now ports can build/fake/package as non-root, there isn't
> > > really
> > > much need for systrace in ports any more.)
> >
> > What remaining use is there?  Can't we just kill it?

The only use I see at the moment is as a placeholder showing where we
might want to add some "sudo -u $PORTBUILDUSER" steps if we wanted to do
automated user switching via Makefiles, though that can be retrieved
from the attic.

> Preventing network access from the build steps ?

I'm fetching distfiles as my normal uid, then doing builds as pbuild.
pf.conf:

"block quick log proto {tcp udp} user pbuild"