a few thoughts.

I'm not in love with changing CFLAGS if hostname is raccoon. i would make a
choice to either include no-format or not.

I would not run the regress tests as part of the main build but would
disconnect it. this is how most ports work as far as I know.

while my ulimit patch will let the regress tests work, I think a note might be
desirable in pkg-readme. otherwise someone with a low ulimit -n will have to
hunt for the same problem when they try to run.

ok daniel@ if these changes are made.