On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 09:52:31AM +0000, David Dahlberg wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> this is my first attempt at porting an application ("password-store")
> to OpenBSD. Would you please comment on whether it is usable and/or
> where and how to improve it?
>
> Cheers
>       David

Hi David,

the Makefile is missing $OpenBSD$ in the first line, for CVS.

I wouldn't override PKGNAME for this and let it default to DISTNAME
so the package is called 'password-store-1.6.3' instead of 'pass-1.6.3'
I think the longer name is more informative and has less potential
for ambiguity.

We usually split *_DEPENDS list items onto separate lines:

BUILD_DEPENDS = archivers/xz \
                devel/gmake

instead of

BUILD_DEPENDS = devel/gmake archivers/xz

The lines should also be sorted alphabetically.
Same for RUN_DEPENDS.

archivers/xz seems to be added to BUILD_DEPENDS by default with
EXTRACT_SUFX = .tar.xz so you can probably drop it from BUILD_DEPENDS
in your Makefile.

Have you tried talking to upstream about using more portable command
line flags in their Makefile so you can drop the -v flag patches in a
future update? Perhaps they could at least put in some abstraction to
disable these flags (e.g. with 'make QUIET=yes' or 'make V=0' don't
use -v options at all).

Otherwise this looks good to me.