On Jan 20, 2015, at 3:50 AM, Stuart Henderson <st...@openbsd.org> wrote:

> On 2015/01/19 23:09, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
>> Eric Lalonde writes:
>>> Soundtouch has gone through at least six releases since 1.3.1. Lots of
>>> beat detection improvements and bugfixes in that time.
>>>
>>> Changelog is Section 5 on this page:
>>> http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/README.html
>>>
>>> A number of patches are no longer necessary and have been removed:
>>> patches/patch-include_STTypes_h: This is now achieved with configure
>>> argument --disable-x86-optimizations
>>> patch-source_SoundTouch_Makefile_am: Implemented upstream
>>> patches/patch-source_example_SoundStretch_Makefile_am,
>>> patch-source_example_bpm_Makefile_am: the example directory has been
>>> removed upstream.
>>>
>>> Tested on i386 and amd64.
>>>
>>> This software currently has no maintainer; I am offering to be
>>> maintainer, which this diff reflects.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> libBPM no longer exists, so the ports using it will need to be looked
>> at. Do they actually need it?
>>
>> sqlite> select fullpkgpath from ports where wantlib like '%BPM%';
>> graphics/py-Pillow,-main
>> graphics/py-Pillow,python3,-main
>> multimedia/gstreamer-0.10/plugins-bad,-main
>> multimedia/gstreamer1/plugins-bad
>
> Pillow uses webpmux not BPM.
>
> Check gstreamer, the WANTLIB will probably just go away.

Stuart is correct. I’ve removed BPM from the WANTLIB of
gstreamer{1,-0.10}/plugins-bad/Makefile. Everything builds OK. I’ve also tested
building both after applying the diff which upgrades SoundTouch to 1.8.0.
Everything still builds correctly. Soundtouch is still picked up by gstreamer’s
configure stage and later installed as libgstsoundtouch.so.

Note that on i386:

For gstreamer1: make test fails for 1 changes.
For gstreamer-0.10: make test fails for 3 tests.

However, all of these failures occur irrespective of the diffs I am submitting,
so the world is not made worse by these diffs.

ok? Or wait till after unlock?