On Apr 8, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Anthony J. Bentley <anth...@cathet.us> wrote:

> Eric Lalonde writes:
>> Ping.
>
> Thanks for this. Would you take a look at Audacity? It fails during
> configure with this update.
>
> configure: error: You requested using the system libraries for LIBSOUNDTOUCH
> but they are not available

Thanks for noticing this. The breakage occurs because upstream renamed the
pkg-config file for SoundTouch from soundtouch-1.0.pc to soundtouch.pc. When
the configuration step for audacity invokes pkg-config to search for
SoundTouch, it uses the package name is ’soundtouch-1.0’, and soundtouch-1.0.pc
is never found. I have attached a patch for the audacity port which modifies
the audacity configuration script to invoke pkg-config with the package name
‘soundtouch’ to reflect the changes made upstream. With this change and
Soundtouch 1.8 installed, audacity successfully locates soundtouch.pc in
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/soundtouch.pc, and  builds successfully on my amd64.