On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 08:55:36PM -0500, Matthew Martin wrote:
> Patch to update zsh to 5.1. Fairly boring mostly deleting upstreamed
> patches, deleteing unneeded parts of patches, and adding the pre-test
> hack discussed at http://marc.info/?t=144065397200003&r=1&w=2 .

First of all thanks for tracking down and fixing that annoying broken
test, this has been around for quite a while.  After seeing the solution
I'm sure it would have taken me a long time to figure that one out (if I
would have found it at all)...  Great!

When will 5.1 be officially released?  The zsh.org site still announces
5.0.8.  I will test your port when the release is official.

A couple of months ago, I posted an update for 5.0.8, but it didn't make
it into the tree.  I'm happy to drop it that since your fixes are
generally superior to mine.  For reference
http://www.marc.info/?t=143581793100001&r=1&w=2

A few comments on your patch:

- I was a bit more aggressive about unneeded parts in
  patches/patch-Completion_BSD_Command__bsd_pkg
  because most of the rest of this patch is really just whitespace
  noise.

- I agree about the texi-bits.  As it currently stands, it makes no
  sense and introduces a few errors.  I went for fixing the errors and
  adding the missing bits for consistency, but the resulting patch is
  humungous.  If they are no longer needed, your route surely is
  preferable.

Two small suggestions:

In the pre-configure target of the Makefile, you could do this:

-       perl -pi -e "s,/bin/zsh,${TRUEPREFIX}/bin/zsh,g"
${WRKSRC}/Functions/${i}
+       sed -i -e "s,/bin/zsh,${TRUEPREFIX}/bin/zsh,g" ${WRKSRC}/Functions/${i}

compare with jasper@'s hackathon report:
http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20150723124332&mode=expanded

I think the ${FULLPKGNAME} in pkg/PLIST should be replaced by
zsh-${V}, at least according to the commit message for revision 1.39
http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/shells/zsh/pkg/PLIST

Thanks again,

Theo