On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 07:26:35AM +0200, Theo Buehler wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 08:55:36PM -0500, Matthew Martin wrote:
> > Patch to update zsh to 5.1. Fairly boring mostly deleting upstreamed
> > patches, deleteing unneeded parts of patches, and adding the pre-test
> > hack discussed at http://marc.info/?t=144065397200003&r=1&w=2 .
>
> First of all thanks for tracking down and fixing that annoying broken
> test, this has been around for quite a while.  After seeing the solution
> I'm sure it would have taken me a long time to figure that one out (if I
> would have found it at all)...  Great!
>
> When will 5.1 be officially released?  The zsh.org site still announces
> 5.0.8.  I will test your port when the release is official.

pws announced it on zsh-users
http://www.zsh.org/mla/users/2015/msg00839.html

> A couple of months ago, I posted an update for 5.0.8, but it didn't make
> it into the tree.  I'm happy to drop it that since your fixes are
> generally superior to mine.  For reference
> http://www.marc.info/?t=143581793100001&r=1&w=2

I saw it, but then people started complaining about regressions for
5.0.8 on zsh-workers, and I figured old is better than broken for 5.8.

> A few comments on your patch:
>
> - I was a bit more aggressive about unneeded parts in
>   patches/patch-Completion_BSD_Command__bsd_pkg
>   because most of the rest of this patch is really just whitespace
>   noise.

I have plans to eventually upstream this patch too and would include the
whitespace there. There's no harm in keeping it for one more release
(I've been thinking about better pkg_* completion; hopefully I'll get to
it before 5.2).

> - I agree about the texi-bits.  As it currently stands, it makes no
>   sense and introduces a few errors.  I went for fixing the errors and
>   adding the missing bits for consistency, but the resulting patch is
>   humungous.  If they are no longer needed, your route surely is
>   preferable.
>

> Two small suggestions:
>
> In the pre-configure target of the Makefile, you could do this:
>
> -       perl -pi -e "s,/bin/zsh,${TRUEPREFIX}/bin/zsh,g"
> ${WRKSRC}/Functions/${i}
> +       sed -i -e "s,/bin/zsh,${TRUEPREFIX}/bin/zsh,g"
> ${WRKSRC}/Functions/${i}
>
> compare with jasper@'s hackathon report:
> http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20150723124332&mode=expanded

I have no preference here.

> I think the ${FULLPKGNAME} in pkg/PLIST should be replaced by
> zsh-${V}, at least according to the commit message for revision 1.39
> http://cvsweb.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/ports/shells/zsh/pkg/PLIST

I was just going off of what make update-plist did, but you seem to be
correct.

- Matthew Martin