On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 10:38:17AM +0500, Артур Истомин wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 02:19:51AM +0100, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 11:41:21PM +0500, Артур Истомин wrote:
> > > Here is output on my system, OpenBSD 5.8, from out-of-date script:
> > >
> > > databases/postgresql,-server   # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > devel/quirks                   # always-update -> quirks-2.114
> > > editors/libreoffice,-main      # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > > misc/shared-mime-info          # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > multimedia/libbluray           # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > print/cups,-libs               # @gnutls-3.3.16 -> @gnutls-3.3.16p0
> > > textproc/raptor                # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > > x11/gnome/librsvg              # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1,@libxml-2.9.2p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3,@libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > x11/gtk+2,-main                # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3
> > > x11/gtk+3,-guic                # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3
> > > x11/kde/libs3,-main            # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > >
> > > Am I right, that left column is ports/packages that can be updated; right
> > > column is reason why they need to be updated?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > Also is it true that in my case I can ignore all this updates because
> > > all ports from left column are dynamicaly linked with already updated
> > > library from right column?
> >
> > No. Those ports use the outdated version of the library.
>
> Can You elaborate, please, I don't understand. E.g. shared-mime-info.
>
> $ ldd /usr/local/bin/update-mime-database | grep libxml
>         00001d0114c00000 00001d011515f000 rlib 0    1   0
> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.15.1
>
> $ pkg_info | grep libxml
>

> libxml-2.9.2p2      XML parsing library
>
> So libxml already updated. If I understand correctly: if libxml updated and
> update-mime-database
> _dynamicaly_ linked to it there is no need further intervention, is not is so?

If a new version of a port doesn't change the version number of the
lib, then the ports which depend of the lib will use the updated
version.

If there is an increase in the version number of the lib (SHARED_LIBS
in the Makefile, unrelated to the version of the port), then the ports
will use the outdated library.

"pkg_info -A | grep ^\\." shows the outdated libs.

--
Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado http://juanfra.info