On 2015/11/03 10:38, Артур Истомин wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 03, 2015 at 02:19:51AM +0100, Juan Francisco Cantero Hurtado
> wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 01, 2015 at 11:41:21PM +0500, Артур Истомин wrote:
> > > Here is output on my system, OpenBSD 5.8, from out-of-date script:
> > >
> > > databases/postgresql,-server   # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > devel/quirks                   # always-update -> quirks-2.114
> > > editors/libreoffice,-main      # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > > misc/shared-mime-info          # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > multimedia/libbluray           # @libxml-2.9.2p1 -> @libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > print/cups,-libs               # @gnutls-3.3.16 -> @gnutls-3.3.16p0
> > > textproc/raptor                # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > > x11/gnome/librsvg              # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1,@libxml-2.9.2p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3,@libxml-2.9.2p2
> > > x11/gtk+2,-main                # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3
> > > x11/gtk+3,-guic                # @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p1 ->
> > > @gdk-pixbuf-2.30.8p3
> > > x11/kde/libs3,-main            # @libxslt-1.1.28p2 -> @libxslt-1.1.28p3
> > >
> > > Am I right, that left column is ports/packages that can be updated; right
> > > column is reason why they need to be updated?
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > Also is it true that in my case I can ignore all this updates because
> > > all ports from left column are dynamicaly linked with already updated
> > > library from right column?
> >
> > No. Those ports use the outdated version of the library.
>
> Can You elaborate, please, I don't understand. E.g. shared-mime-info.
>
> $ ldd /usr/local/bin/update-mime-database | grep libxml
>         00001d0114c00000 00001d011515f000 rlib 0    1   0
> /usr/local/lib/libxml2.so.15.1
>
> $ pkg_info | grep libxml
>

> libxml-2.9.2p2      XML parsing library
>
> So libxml already updated. If I understand correctly: if libxml updated and
> update-mime-database
> _dynamicaly_ linked to it there is no need further intervention, is not is so?
>
> Thanks.

Look in e.g. /var/db/pkg/shared-mime-info-1.5/+CONTENTS and you'll
see that it records the dependency like this

@depend textproc/libxml,-main:libxml-*:libxml-2.9.2p2
@wantlib xml2.15.1

out-of-date reports on any packages where the @depend line is out
of date compared to the ports tree, even though the shared library
itself (noted in the @wantlib line) hasn't changed incompatibly.