On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 07:26:14PM -0700, Theo de Raadt wrote:
> I really don't tell the ports people what to do.
>
> But... I also don't think they should be martyrs.

Naddy said, after seeing an alignment error on Alpha: [1]

"How about actually fixing the code rather than slapping on a list
of archs where this accidentally happens to run?"

I think the question is whether to have build errors, or run errors.
And as stated I'll abide by either decision.  It is the run errors
that will come my way as maintainer, and I will at least now be able
to refer any inquiries to this thread, so there won't be any
significant support burden.

Fixing the code may be the correct solution, but it is beyond me, as
I don't have the technical skills to deal with the portability issues
that were raised and to my understanding still exist.

---

[1] http://marc.info/?l=openbsd-ports&m=117638516307110&w=2