On 2015/11/11 22:19, Josh Grosse wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 09:45:22PM -0500, Josh Grosse wrote:
> > Fixing the code may be the correct solution, but it is beyond me, as
> > I don't have the technical skills to deal with the portability issues
> > that were raised and to my understanding still exist.
>
> I've had an out-of-band discussion with Theo.  Fixing the code is the
> correct solution.  So I will invest the effort to obtain the skills
> and knowledge needed to fix the code.

It seems that upstream would like to be portable - it's in the project
name, and their list of unofficial packages includes Amiga and BeOS -
it might well need little more work than reporting it upstream.

And indeed they may have even already fixed it in the time since it
was previously tested.

Is there anyone with an alpha that can try regress tests with jca's
diff and send a backtrace if it still segfaults?