On 01/20/16 09:03, Mark Patruck wrote:
> Update www/p5-Mojo to 6.40.
>
> - since 6.33 www/p5-Mojo depends on IO::Socket::IP 0.37 and according
>   to afresh1@ we won't get Perl 5.22.1 before the lock, so i've restored
>   net/p5-IO-Socket-IP from the attic (the patch is obsolete as fixed up-
>   stream)
>
>   I've also updated ports/net/Makefile...diff is below

Obvious No from me, needs a lot more to convince me.

p5-IO-Socket-Socks 0.67 requires IO::Socket::IP 0.37 but has been held
back at 0.65. The only way to update IO::Socket::IP is in the core,
followed by extensive tests. Having two possible IO::Socket:IP during
builds / runtime means testing twice. This is not the same as just
moving a port to a new version. You need not only to bring back
IO::Socket::IP but everything related and move it forward, to it so it's
an incomplete change.

Expand on the exact problems solved, what test show they have been
solved. IO::Socket::IP 0.29 is passing the tests www/p5-Mojo runs.

To ensure testing correct thing you need to run a bulk and machine with

doas rm /usr/libdata/perl5/IO/Socket/IP.pm

ensuring you keep p5-IO-Socket-IP installed.

You have to run the tests on every single perl port, in case
IO:::Scoket::IP is used, and ensure results match.

Scanning the source can also be used to find which use IO::Socket:IP.

Normal bulk builds aren't enough every port should be capable of being
built by just installing it's build dependencies, so the port is not
using another unrelated port's dependencies that happened to have been
built before.

The above need this so brought back and updated doesn't close close to
what's required.

$ cvs -R -q up -p -r 1.434 INDEX | grep IO-Socket-IP | indexfmt -0 | cut
-d~ -f1-2
amavisd-new-2.10.1~mail/amavisd-new,-main
p5-Mail-SpamAssassin-3.4.0p4~mail/p5-Mail-SpamAssassin
p5-Net-INET6Glue-0.603~net/p5-Net-INET6Glue
p5-Mojolicious-5.58p0~www/p5-Mojo

Where are the others? This is not complete because it's missing
TEST_DEPENDS. But does tell me your not close to finding what's required.