On 2016/01/22 13:49, Nigel Taylor wrote:
> On 01/22/16 12:32, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > I'm running amavisd/spamassassin with the updated IO::Socket::IP
> > with no problems.
> >
> > Here are all the hits from a search of .pm and .pl files from ports
> > source unpacked at the end of August - (require|use).*IO::Socket::IP.
> > We could add deps to these pretty easily.
> >
> True but it hadn't been done from what I could see.
>
> Now just need to check all the scripts in base, that might have started
> using IO::Socket::IP - yes I know probably none.

Is anybody going to go that far (with all of the modules..) when
we update Perl after unlock? I think it's unlikely. We'll do builds
and some people will test things that they particularly care about
but I can't see anything more than that happening as a deliberate
effort. (I don't recall anybody doing that when we moved from
the previous ports version of IO::Socket::IP either, which was
a bigger change (moving *back* from 0.34 to 0.29)..

There are some areas in cpan where I'd be very wary of doing this
without more extensive testing (especially when a set of modules
are fairly tightly bound together) but this doesn't seem to me
like one of those situations?

> *.pl/ *.pm doesn't mean there aren't just plain filenames like corelist,
> get_iplayer

I'll run a full search then. (I don't suppose any Go users fancy
figuring out what's up with codesearch on OpenBSD do they? ;-)