On 6/8/16 01:41, Kirill Bychkov wrote:
On Wed, June 8, 2016 03:33, Johan Huldtgren wrote:
[...]

ok, on the off chance that this was an amd64 vs i386 issue (unlikely but
figured it couldn't hurt to try) I installed the latest amd64 snap on a
different host and updated ports (I had apcupsd installed here in client
mode), attached the UPS and swapped the config file to the server one,
but alas the results are the same. Must be an issue with my UPS and the
new code I guess.

Just a guess but may be you need to use modbus driver instead of usb?

Using modbus via usb didn't work, however this model has both a usb
port and an rs232 serial port[1]. Using the rs232 port together with
the 940-0625A cable (rs232 <-> db9) and connecting to a serial port on
another server I can get apcupsd to work. So I have a work around,
that said it seems it no longer works with usb, I tried all
permutations I could imagine of physical cables, UPSCABLE, UPSTYPE,
and DEVICE; but if connected via USB (even if from the rs232 port via
a db9 <-> usb adapter) I never get apcupsd to communicate with the
UPS. I suspect the errors which could be seen yesterday in the apctest
and apcupsd -d output might be relevant but as I said then I'm not
sure how to deal with them.  apctest succeeds now and none of the
errors seen with the USB cable are evident when using a serial
connection.

thanks,

.jh

[1] https://media.cablesandkits.com/p/SMT2200RM2Uc.jpg