Ryan Freeman writes:
> On Sat, Aug 20, 2016 at 04:25:03PM -0700, Ryan Freeman wrote:

> ream!

The urbanterror-data license in share/doc/urbanterror/readme42.txt says:

  Urban Terror is a collection of files created by Frozen Sand/0870760 B.C. Ltd,
  community maps and community assets which are creditted in the map
  readme's. The files that constitute this modification are copyright
  FrozenSand/0870760 B.C. Ltd 2000-2012.

  Use of any file contained within the mod is illegal without permission.
  Anyone wishing to re-use any of the media contained within the official
  release of Urban Terror should first contact Frozen Sand at
  http://www.frozensand.com or http://www.urbanterror.info

  Urban Terror is distributed free over the Internet and is covered by the
  Quake 3 SDK licence agreement [EULA]. The mod files may not be sold [in
  any form] or distributed on physical media unless with permission from
  iD Software.

I would not interpret this as allowing us to mirror urbanterror-data in
any form. It sucks that people playing it will have to build the port
instead of downloading a package but when upstream uses hostile licenses
our options are limited.

The engine code is GPL and doesn't have this problem. But because of
this I think the RUN_DEPENDS will be more inconvenient than useful.

Please update the licensing for urbanterror (PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM = Yes)
and urbanterror-data ("no redistribute permissions" for everything),
strip the git revision from the package name, and double-check the
maintainer email.

And USE_WXNEEDED obsoletes the LDFLAGS patch, doesn't it?

Anyone else have thoughts? Seems like a fun game...

--
Anthony J. Bentley