On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 11:08:12PM -0600, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:
> Ryan Freeman writes:

> > ream!

> The urbanterror-data license in share/doc/urbanterror/readme42.txt says:
>
>   Urban Terror is a collection of files created by Frozen Sand/0870760 B.C.
> Ltd,
>   community maps and community assets which are creditted in the map
>   readme's. The files that constitute this modification are copyright
>   FrozenSand/0870760 B.C. Ltd 2000-2012.
>
>   Use of any file contained within the mod is illegal without permission.
>   Anyone wishing to re-use any of the media contained within the official
>   release of Urban Terror should first contact Frozen Sand at
>   http://www.frozensand.com or http://www.urbanterror.info
>
>   Urban Terror is distributed free over the Internet and is covered by the
>   Quake 3 SDK licence agreement [EULA]. The mod files may not be sold [in
>   any form] or distributed on physical media unless with permission from
>   iD Software.
>
> I would not interpret this as allowing us to mirror urbanterror-data in
> any form. It sucks that people playing it will have to build the port
> instead of downloading a package but when upstream uses hostile licenses
> our options are limited.

I'll reach out to some FrozenSand people and see if I can't do anything to
maybe have a relaxed clause there for packaging.  It seems other systems
pkg this, but they might just be 'I'll try this, and wait until a bomb goes
off' rather than making sure its allowed.

> The engine code is GPL and doesn't have this problem. But because of
> this I think the RUN_DEPENDS will be more inconvenient than useful.

Okay, I'll probably strip the RUN_DEPENDS for now, and add a pkgreadme
with instructions on where to put the data files.   Manual steps suck,
but at least with this one the only real important thing is to unzip
the distrubution file, and mv the entire q3ut4 directory to
${PREFIX}/share/urbanterror

> Please update the licensing for urbanterror (PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM = Yes)
> and urbanterror-data ("no redistribute permissions" for everything),
> strip the git revision from the package name, and double-check the
> maintainer email.

I'll make sure I update the license markers with what you've found, thanks!
In regards to stripping the git revision from package name, I only included
it because its technically not the 4.2.023 release, but a snapshot of the
current repo (containing patches I submitted to make it happier on obsd).

"One day" their 4.3 release should be out and then we'd have a proper
release anyway, so if we don't care about keeping track of revision in
the pkg name i'll definitely turf that.