On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 11:14:25PM +0200, frantisek holop wrote:

Hello Frantisek,

> resubmitting 8.0 with latest patchlevel.
> no real changes from last time.

This has been working well for me all day on amd64 -- thanks!

Although it's not directly related to the port, I wonder if we might also
take this opportunity to think about the versions that we provide binary
packages for. At the moment it's:

     SUBDIR += vim
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,perl,python,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,perl,python3,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,perl,python,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,perl,python3,ruby

Of course, vim has enough FLAVORs that no reasonable number of combinations
will keep everyone happy. But given the increasing number of languages that
extensions are written in (I use extensions in Lua and Python myself, so I
can no longer use a binary package), I wonder if we should simply add lua
into what has already more-or-less-become the "all the languages binary
package"? So something like:

     SUBDIR += vim
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua,perl,python,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua,perl,python3,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua,perl,python,ruby
     SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua,perl,python3,ruby

Compared to Python and Ruby, lua is a pretty small dependency (e.g. ~25x
smaller binary package than Python on amd64).

Laurie
--
Personal                                             http://tratt.net/laurie/
Software Development Team                                http://soft-dev.org/