Laurence Tratt, 26 Sep 2016 22:08:
> Of course, vim has enough FLAVORs that no reasonable number of combinations
> will keep everyone happy. But given the increasing number of languages that
> extensions are written in (I use extensions in Lua and Python myself, so I
> can no longer use a binary package), I wonder if we should simply add lua
> into what has already more-or-less-become the "all the languages binary
> package"? So something like:

i proposed the same thing long time ago.

the whole port is a bit strange with the forced
GUI selection.  even servers have been installing
xbase for a long time, so why not get rid of no_x11,
make gtk2 the default GUI and make one kitchen
sink version with all the languages?
(except the python/python3)

would there be interest in this?

in any case adding lua makes sense to me

>      SUBDIR += vim
>      SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua
>      SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua,perl,python,ruby
>      SUBDIR += vim,gtk2,lua,perl,python3,ruby
>      SUBDIR += vim,no_x11
>      SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua
>      SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua,perl,python,ruby
>      SUBDIR += vim,no_x11,lua,perl,python3,ruby

-f
--
the next sentence is true.  the last sentence was false.