Solène Rapenne <sol...@perso.pw> writes:

> Le 2017-02-26 16:00, Christian Weisgerber a écrit :
>> Here is a first batch of ports that fail to build without "gcc" or
>> "g++" being present.  More will come to light eventually.  At the
>> moment, failing dependencies prevent about a third of the ports
>> tree from being built.
>>
>> devel/premake4
>
> hello
>
> I see that devel/premake4 has been fixed.
>
> Sadly, premake4 has gcc hardcoded when invocated. premake5
> seems to have a way to choose between gcc or clang but that's still
> not honoring CC variable and I'm not sure that current port
> (games/tome4) needing premake4 builds with premake5.

Yeah, premake could be patched to stop hardcoding gcc, and perhaps also
to respect CC.

I've fixed the few hardcoded gcc calls that prevented tome4 to build,
however tome4 still uses gcc at build time, this is possible due to the
symlinks set up by the gcc4 module.  I have added a comment about this.

  # The build system hardcodes the use of the "gcc" command
  MODULES =     gcc4
  MODGCC4_ARCHS =       *

BTW, is a recent gcc actually required to build this?  tome4 seems to
build fine with /usr/bin/gcc from base.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE