Alexander Bluhm <alexander.bl...@gmx.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> I would like to add a new port for the crypto library botan 2.  We
> already have the botan 1.10 in ports, but they are not API compatible.
> So I think it it best to put it under security/botan2.  Note that
> all internal paths do not conflict with the existing security/botan.
>
> Comment:
> crypto and TLS for C++11

> Botan (Japanese for peony) is a cryptography library written in
> C++11 and released under the permissive Simplified BSD license.
> Botan's goal is to be the best option for cryptography in new C++
> code by offering the tools necessary to implement a range of practical
> systems, such as TLS/DTLS, PKIX certificate handling, PKCS#11 and
> TPM hardware support, password hashing, and post quantum crypto
> schemes.  In addition to the C++, botan has a C89 API specifically
> designed to be easy to call from other languages.  A Python binding
> using ctypes calling the C89 API is included.
>
> I have added one patch from upstream that makes the tests pass.
>
> The other patches convert the library naming to our schema.  It
> seems that upstream is respecting ABI compatibility the same way
> we do, so I user their version numbering, which is 0.0 currently.
> If a future version is incompatible, I can still add a patch to
> override it.
>
> The python binding is included by default.  It is only one file and
> I don't think the effort of a py-subpackage is worth it.

Same here regarding a py- subpackage, but then should botan2 depend on
python at runtime?  (MODPY_RUNDEP defaults to Yes)

> ok?

Looks good to me, however the build system hardcodes eg++ and -O3.  The
updated tarball below forces the build system to respect CXX/CXXFLAGS.

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE