Rafael Sadowski <raf...@sizeofvoid.org> writes:

> On Fri Mar 17, 2017 at 07:43:10PM +0100, Jeremie Courreges-Anglas wrote:

[...]

>> The regress tests show that multibyte support is not built. (by
>> default?)  Should it be enabled?  In a FLAVOR maybe?  No multibyte = no
>> need for iconv = no need to tweak CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS.
>>

> Nice idea, please find attached an extended version of your last
> tarball:
>
> - add multibyte FLAVOR (If you don't like the name, feel free to rename
>   it)

Upstream calls the option "--enable-iconv".  Let's name this flavor
"iconv", like it is done for net/rsync.  I also tweaked DESCR a bit to
describe the features of the tool rather than the project around it.

I think this could be imported.  Can I get another review?

jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE