On Tue, May 02, 2017 at 09:23:04AM +0200, Eric Faurot wrote:
> On Mon, May 01, 2017 at 11:10:23PM +0300, Pavel Korovin wrote:
> > On 05/01, Landry Breuil wrote:
> > >
> > > So, in this maze of ports, which are the new ones that could be imported
> > > now (ie, that build/work with the current twisted or dont regress other
> > > ports), pending twisted review/update in the meantime ? That would move
> > > things forward...
> > >
> > > eric, are you still using twisted, or do you want to drop maintainership
> > > ? if so, pavel, do you want to take maintainership ?
> >
> > If Eric wants to transfer maintainership, I'm OK with taking py-twisted
> > and dependencies.
>
> Hi!
>
> I'm not using twisted anymore, and I'll be glad to pass maintainership to
> Pavel
> so that things can move forward.
>
> I suggest to remove the various subpackages (which were designed after the
> way twisted was distributed long ago) and have just one package, as I tried
> to do in the update attempt that Landry posted.

That's also what pavel did in his submission - so we're definitely going
this way. Now all the pieces of the puzzle need to be upgraded/tested
altogether. Ie:
- new dependencies of twisted imported (4 or 6 new ports?)
- the 'new' twisted layout needs to be imported
- and the ports using it need to be tested/updated to work with it (or be
removed).

> As for the various divmod packages (py-epsilon, py-nevow, py-axiom) that
> depends
> on twisted, I think they are dead and they can be removed.

Well, those arent really "dead" since they were "adopted" by upstream
twisted (under https://github.com/twisted), they just need to change
upstream if we want to keep them, or remove them if they're
unused/useless.