On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 10:59 PM, Antoine Jacoutot <ajacou...@bsdfrog.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 09:30:34PM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> > It's a matter of opinion. I will cope but I really don't like the
> FreeBSD-style
> > micro splitting.
>
> +1

I don't see that as a problem but I get the point. I don't mind having all
extensions installed by default, like opcache, curl, readline, intl, etc.
are often used. The thing I like about the new approach is that they are
loadable modules and disabled by default. Like Martijn says, it doesn't
make sense to have WDDX, readline etc. compiled in.

I do like the fact that you have to pick an SAPI now.