On 11/05/17 04:18, Marc Espie wrote:
On Sat, Nov 04, 2017 at 09:11:02PM -0400, Brian Callahan wrote:
Hi ports --

Attached is a new port, lang/snobol4, the CSNOBOL4 suite including
interpreter, debugger and utilities.

---
pkg/DESCR:
CSNOBOL4 is a free port of the original SIL (SNOBOL4 Implementation
Language) "macro" version of SNOBOL4 (developed at Bell Labs) with the
`C' language as a target.

SNOBOL4, while known primarily as a string language excels at any task
involving symbolic manipulations. It provides dynamic typing, garbage
collection, user data types, and on the fly compilation.

CSNOBOL4 supports the full SNOBOL4 language plus BLOCKS and SPITBOL and
other extensions.
---

This port is a joint work between myself and STeve Andre', who takes
MAINTAINER.

OK?
In case people don't know, snobol is one of the ancestors of Icon.

If you like snobol, you *should* look at Icon, probably.

I did not know about Icon, and am glad to know about it. Thanks! I will definitely look into it (I see you maintain the port of it).

But the website says that Icon bears little superficial resemblance to SNOBOL4, which I take to mean you can't take snobol code and run it through icon, which is what is needed :(

~Brian