On 2017/12/09 19:40, Kaashif Hymabaccus wrote:
> Hello ports@
>
> This is a port of the new version of rss2email, 3.9. Since it makes a
> number of breaking changes from the version of rss2email we have now,
> I'm making this an entirely new port.
>
> This is heavily based on the port Thomas Levine submitted a while ago,
> most of the credit goes to him.
>
> Note: I install the script as r2e3 (not r2e) so as to avoid conflict
> with rss2email-2.7. There were some ideas floating around about how to
> rename ports or scripts to avoid confusion, but I think the best thing
> to do is to avoid breaking people's scripts altogether and treat this
> as a new, unrelated program. It almost is, since we have different
> authors, a different version of Python and a different config file
> format.
>
> Comments? I think this is a fairly inoffensive and non-disruptive way
> of handling this potential conflict.
>
> --
> Kaashif Hymabaccus
> GPG: 3E810B04

I think that's the right way to handle it. Couple of comments,

MODPY_EGG_VERSION =     3.9

- please move this up in the block with DISTNAME

        ${INSTALL_DATA_DIR} ${PREFIX}/share/doc/${DISTNAME}

- usually we don't use the full version number in such directories,
${PREFIX}/share/doc/rss2email3 would probably be the most appropriate

(pkg/MESSAGE)

- please convert to a pkg-readme