On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 01:51:06PM -0500, trondd wrote:
> On Sat, December 9, 2017 5:23 pm, Landry Breuil
> > Feedback on the ports welcome :) I havent done an rc script for the
> > server, since i wouldnt know what to share by default... and it can run
> > as whatever user. Does it even need a README ? joe user could set it
> > up..
> >
> > Landry
> >

> Thanks.  I might have a need for this in a -stable prod environment, so
> that's where I am actually testing.
>
> I would like to see an rc script to run this persistently as a system
> user.  Similar to net/syncthing which can also run as a user, but also as
> a system daemon sharing out of /var/syncthing/.
>
> A similar setup might work here.  My particular usecase for a tool like
> this would be as a system service.  Though, the tool seems to be designed
> for per-user usage.

Myeah. Here's a version with an rc script, running by default as _minio and
exporting /var/minio/export, storing the config in
/var/minio/.minio/config.json.

Starting from this i dunno if it warrants a readme or a MESSAGE, you
just need to go fetch the access/secret keys in the config file after
first startup, and maybe bump maxfiles limits for minio (as advised on
https://github.com/minio/minio-service - the sysv init script bumps to
8k)

Landry